Here are a few notes about the tournament and how teams were seeded. Also, please remember a representative from each parish listed needs to pickup their trophies at All Saints on Wednesday, October 17th. We will be holding a basketball meeting that evening so if your parish is represented at that meeting, have them pickup the trophies. If your parish boys basketball coordinator cannot attend that meeting, then please send someone to pickup your trophies. They will be available between 7pm and 9pm.
Here are a few things to keep in mind for the tournament:
- 3rd-5th grade teams will be combined across all pods and then split into brackets based on record. We will be building brackets of eight teams for the most part. We will also try to balance out teams from different pods into a bracket and avoid first round matchups between teams that have played against each other. These are a few reasons why the seedings might not make 100% sense based on winning percentage.
- 3rd and 4th grade quarterfinal and semifinal matches will be scheduled for 50 minutes the same as last year. Also, we will schedule the opening rounds as quarter-final, quarter-final, semi-final to reduce the amount of time everyone is in the gym or waiting to play.
- A two referee system will be used for the Gold and Silver brackets in 6th-8th grade for the tournament only. Coaches and coordinators, please plan in advance for the additional cost.
- Trophies will be given to all 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams. All teams playing in a consolation match are expected to attend that match.
- We are well aware of club volleyball tryouts the weekend of the tournament. A minimum of one hour was given between the start or end of a tryout to the start or end of a tournament game for a specific age group. If club tryouts change, we will NOT be changing our schedule. Please make arrangements to get your players/children to their tournament game on time.